CLIENT ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR, Market Research
Compensation: Base is $150K-$180K
Our client is headquartered at Piscataway, NJ, a globally trusted provider of market research and digital experience solutions. They ranked at No. 60 among the fastest growing companies in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500™, and at No. 170 on Inc's 37th annual Inc. 5000 list.
They are trusted by the world’s leading brands, top consulting firms and research advisory companies for their research and analytics needs. With 9 offices across 6 countries spanning 4 continents, the team has executed market research and digital experience projects in 100+ markets and in 35+ languages, with a focus on complex multi-country projects requiring cross-border capabilities.
Their research service offering spans the entire life-cycle of a typical research project – including programming and hosting services, quant and qual data collection using digital (online/mobile), traditional (phone, in-person) and new-age (Virtual Reality) methodologies, data processing and data visualization services. Additionally, they have custom-built technology tools and platforms to enable execution of complex global projects at scale.
They are among the few MR service organizations that hold the triple ISO certification (ISO 20252, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001) while running MR operations that are 100% compliant with ESOMAR, MRS and Insight Association guidelines.
About the job:
The Director Client Engagement serves as an agency leader for achieving the client's strategic brand objectives by collaborating with the client and focusing on all facets of strategic growth.
He or she must establish and drive all facets of internal working teams to deliver on clients’ goals, objectives and overall strategic direction.
The Director Client Engagement also mines new, organic business opportunities with existing clients, by building relationships across the client’s organization, and with key industry partners.
This person must be team-oriented and possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Directors Client Engagement works closely with Supervisors to foster a culture of growth and development with the team. They regularly demonstrate initiative in all areas of improving the management and growth of all partnerships, demonstrating a sense of ownership and the ability to manage independently.
The Director Client Engagement must take ownership, drive marketing excellence, innovation, and client intelligence.
He/she is responsible for of all areas of client delivery and overall relationship health.
Financial responsibilities include review and sign-off of monthly billing and forecasting, client management or escalation of billing as needed. Candidates must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
· Responsible for development of long-term account success and growth.
· Works with Strategy and planning to transform knowledge of client business objectives, internal and competitive opportunities, and customer insights into actionable marketing ommunications strategies and tactics.
· Leads and manages team on a given book of business.
· Builds and maintain senior level client relationships
· Provides team with direction and input to ensure business and project goals are met
· Mining new business opportunities
· Responsible for development of direct reports.
· Exhibits enthusiasm for clients’ business and industry. Maintains leading edge of knowledge of clients’ business and industry.
· Recognizes and seizes opportunities to contribute to new business.
· Act as client advocate internally while effectively collaborating with internal teams including product management, engineering, data sciences, global data partnerships, sales and finance.
· Manage risk identification and mitigation across each client.
· Establish and implement best practices, client management processes and thought-leadership to greater the client engagement discipline, the organization and external clients.
· Continuously pursue growth opportunities with each client.
· Regularly informs Group CEO and Board of Directors on status of business, including escalation as needed.
· Minimum 15 years’ experience of working in Market Research Industry and a Minimum 10-year experience in the role of Client Engagement / Senior client-side marketing experience.
· Should have a prior experience of managing and growing business with North American clients especially USA based clients.
· Experience with digital marketing and/or managing the design and development of websites; traditional marketing experience is a plus.
· Has deep knowledge and experience with multichannel marketing.
· Has experience managing and growing employees and teams required.
· Hands- on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
· Should be able to operate multiple locations.
· Excellent presentation skills with experience of presenting to external clients, internal stakeholders, and at industry event.